Before Surgery Instructions – Anesthesia
If your treatment procedure requires you to receive intravenous anesthesia the following must be strictly adhered to or your appointment will have to be rescheduled.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING FOR 8 HOURS PRIOR TO SURGERY.
- Medicines that are taken on a daily basis may be taken with as little water as possible, unless told differently by the doctor or nurse.
- Wear loose fitting clothing—preferably short sleeves. We need access to both arms. Wear comfortable lace-up shoes. NO FLIP FLOPS.
- A responsible adult must accompany you (Limit 2) and remain in the office for the duration of your surgery and recovery. Usually 1—2 hours. They or someone responsible must be able to stay with you for the first 12 hours following surgery.
- Leave contact lenses at home the day of your surgery. If needed wear your eye glasses.
- Leave all jewelry at home, i.e., watches, bracelets, earrings, including tongue and lip piercing ornaments, etc. 6. After surgery you are not to drive or operate machinery or perform any activity that requires alertness or motor coordination.